The Marketplace is for the exclusive use of current staff and students - no external advertising is allowed. It is also advised that you do not accept offers to buy from people outside the University.
We cannot accept advertisements for the following:
- Sale or free re-homing of animals, fish, insects and reptiles;
- Services, including proof reading and small businesses run by current staff or students;
- Advertisements placed by staff and students on behalf of external advertisers (this includes family members and friends);
- Reselling football or train tickets;
- Reselling concert/festival tickets (unless supplier's T&Cs permit this).
Staff and students placing adverts must use their University email address as a contact on their ad. Adverts which appear with an incorrect email address will not be submitted to The Marketplace.
Advertisements will appear for one month only from date of submission. At the end of the one month advertising period, unless renewed, the advert will be automatically deleted from the system.
You may remove your advertisement at any point (e.g. when your items sells), by using the ‘remove’ link on the item page.
The Editor may exercise their discretion over the inclusion of any advertisement.
The Editor reserves the right to edit adverts for the purposes of brevity and/or clarity.
The adverts on this page appear on the Internet and are accessible to a world-wide audience.
The University takes no responsibility for these advertisements or their claims of content. All advertisements are accepted in good faith.
Advertisers should take appropriate precautions when dealing with any response to their ads particularly in relation to payment and parting with goods. Never divulge personal information such as bank account details.
The University takes no responsibility for any dispute that may arise from placing an ad on this site.